Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2020

White World


Here on Kodiak it's been warmer lately, but it is still a white world.  We have a couple feet of snow in my yard, and when I went cross country skiing on the upper Buskin River I stuck my pole down through more than 3 feet of snow!

On the mountain the warmer weather has meant more fog, mist and snow.  While it has been sleeting and raining in town it has mostly been snow on the mountain.  But the last 2 times I went downhill skiing I could barely see.  I was ramming into frozen snow drifts and doing unexpected jumps.  I found myself snow plowing just to be safe.  It is kinda cool how anything with any color at all just leaps out of the white void.
Patrick




Bright colors in a white world!


No comments:

Post a Comment