Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Sunday Beach Walk

 

Last weekend the kids, dogs and I joined Uncle Dicky for a beach walk in Womens Bay.  We hiked around Bruhn Point to an old barge that is moldering away on the beach.  It was low tide and near Bruhn Point we waded out into the water on the tide flats and it looked like we were walking on water. We ended up climbing up on top of the old barge and checking out the graffiti.  Once on top it was a lot higher than it looks!

Anyway, while hiking I was amazed at the number of other people we saw hiking on the beach with their dogs.  I thought we'd have it to ourselves.  When I go on beach walks I usually go to Buskin Beach, White Sands or Spruce Cape - places closer to town.  Then I realized that this is the place where people who live in Bells Flats hike.  They probably go here instead of say Abercrombie. 

It was fun to do something totally different.  

Patrick







No comments:

Post a Comment