Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2023

Crust Cruise Views

 


I took the dogs cross country skiing Saturday.  I got tired of the icy downhill conditions on Pyramid and decided to try the crust on the plateau above the ski chalet.  And it was excellent crust cruising on skate skis.  I wish I'd gone earlier in the week instead of getting brutalized on the ice on Pyramid.

It was fairly smooth and there was just enough texture to give the skis a bit of control.  I cruised around with the dogs chasing.  I always wonder what they think when I am suddenly faster than them.  They are used to me plodding on behind them on walks and then suddenly I am zipping all over the place just like they ordinarily do.

Anyway, it was a spectacular view and as always there was a good view of Pyramid.  Pyramid is a big mountain.

Patrick

o




This one is actually from a different trip but that flat area in the distance on the left is where I went XC skiing

No comments:

Post a Comment