Search This Blog

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Climbing Pyramid without Skis


Today for the first time in a month I took the doggies up Pyramid.  It was very weird not to hike up in ski boots and carrying skis.  And no snow anymore - very sad.  But much easier to hike up in xtra tuffs and with nothing to carry over my shoulders.  And the wildflowers were stunning.

I climb Pyramid to go skiing maybe a 100 times a year, but I rarely climb all the way to the actual summit.  I normally stop at the plateau 400 feet below the summit and ski down from there.  So today was also special in that I climbed all the way to the top.  I almost never do that!
Patrick

Fleabane and Lousewort - sounds like the person naming the plants had some issues with lice!

Lupine

Fleabane and Arnica

Kamchatka Rhododendrons and Whale Pass in the distance


Monkshood - Alutiiq whalers used the root to make poison for killing whales


Spotted Saxifrage

No comments:

Post a Comment