Search This Blog

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Impromptu Hike


Yesterday I was at work waiting for a tour to show up, and to kill time I text messaged the kids to see what they were up to.  After the museum tour I had planned on climbing Pyramid with the dogs, but since I was texting the kids I thought I'd ask if they wanted to come along too.  I told Alex who was waiting with me that the reply would be 'nah, not today'.  And initially that was the response.  Then they texted back and said, 'maybe, but how about a different mountain?'

That perked me up!  So we decided on Old Womens and I rushed home to get the dogs.  It's not often that Nora and Stuey volunteer to go on a hike!  Usually these things are more along the lines of 'forced family fun'.  And there was a bit of the 'forced' aspect to get them to go to the top.  They wanted to turn back as soon as we got to the alpine.  But I encouraged them to go a bit further and that we'd get a group photo at the flag.  And so they pushed on to the flag.

On the way down Stuey shot trees with his slingshot.  Nora and I watched the dogs rip this way and that.  Later in the car they both admitted that the final forced part had been the best part, and worth the push.  A good impromptu hike!  Patrick



2 comments: