My family is mostly from New England so a Maine vacation involves a great deal of time with the cousins. Everyone out there is seemingly either a cousin or uncle or aunt of some sort. Most of these are relatives I only meet every few years or so - and it is good to catch up. For the kids it is a chance to get to know their roots and meet the family. I am always amazed at seeing the cousins I remember as a small children who are now a full sized adults. And I am sure that the aunts and uncles are equally amazed at how Nora and Stuey have grown.
Stuey in particular had a very good time meeting the cousins. Sam, Jack and Brooks took Stuey under their wings and entertained him with basketball, animated movies etc. Stuey was in heaven. I found it funny listening to the cousins talk and hearing how a decade or so ago the now late teenage cousins did the same thing with the older cousins now in their 20's. A decade from now I am quite positive that Stuey will be 'paying it backwards' and entertaining young cousins himself!
Patrick












No comments:
Post a Comment