Search This Blog

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Blueberries


There is a bumper crop of blueberries this summer on Kodiak.  Ever since we got back from Maine we have been picking blueberries for an hour or so in the evenings.  It is one of Nora's favorite activities.  I freeze the berries I pick and will use them all winter to flavor my KambuCha.  I need about 2 cups of frozen berries to flavor a whole batch (10 bottles).

Nora saves her berries for pies, and today she plans on walking the neighborhood to see if people want to buy the berries she picks.  Yesterday we discussed how much a couple cups of blueberries are worth.  To me they are too precious to sell.  Nora wanted to buy my berries but I do not want to sell them.  Raspberries at Safeway are on sale and selling for 5 dollars for 1 1/2 cups.  Nora and I figure 5 dollars for 2 cups of berries is about right. Yesterday I also picked 4 or 5 cups in about 45 minutes - so 5 dollars for 2 cups is not such an outrageous price.

I wonder how Nora will do on the sales side of things?

Patrick




No comments:

Post a Comment