![]() |
| 6 inch gun mount at Castle Cape - the big thing in the background is the gun 'roof' |
This morning I was getting ready to take the kids kayaking when Nora suggested, 'why don't we take the motor boat out to Long Island?'. 'Why not indeed', I thought. I spent all last week camping and working on Long Island, and realized that it is a super quick trip to get over there. And once there the hiking is great - and so away we went.
Nora drove the boat on the way over, and I inflated a kayak to help with mooring up the boat. We then hiked up to the bunkers on Castle Cape. Of course we had forgotten a flashlight but Stuey turned up the iPad screen brightness to the highest setting and it actually worked pretty well. We also used the flash on the camera to light up whole rooms and see what was inside. It was pretty spooky!
Back at the beach I ate lunch and Nora took out the kayak for a spin. Perfectly flat calm. A great day for a visit to Long Island - and it really is only a 10 minute boat ride. It is easier to boat out to Long Island than it is to drive out to Pasagshak.
Patrick









No comments:
Post a Comment