Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2020

GREEN hike

Blueberry bush with green berries!

Yesterday after work the weather was too dismal to climb a mountain or mountain bike. So Instead I went for a hike in the woods with the dogs.  Rather than Termination Point we hiked on the trail that goes towards Ouzinkie for a couple of miles and then took a sharp right to the coast.  From there I hiked to Azimuth Point and along the coast back to the Termination Point trail.  It is a great loop and the trail along the coast is very good.  This is the same hike I did last spring while on the Leisnoi archaeological land survey (click here).

On the hike I was stuck by the new spring green.  All the new foliage is a bright, almost neon green.  In particular, the cottonwoods and blueberry bushes are so green!  I also noticed that instead of flowers on the blueberry bushes there are now ripening berries. Blueberry picking season is just around the corner.
Patrick

Azimuth Point



Devilsclub

Cottonwood tree - this one is in my yard


No comments:

Post a Comment