Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Easter egg hunt

 


On Sunday Nora and I drove out the road to look for glass balls, or as Nora put it, 'go on a glass ball Easter egg hunt'.  

The day before at Buskin Beach while Nora and I were walking the dogs a large group of kids sprinted down from the USCG recreational facility and started to look for Easter eggs on the beach.  Nora and I saw a few eggs and pointed them out to kids.  But those eggs were plastic with like chocolate inside.  So on Sunday Nora and I decided to go on a real 'beach combing' Easter egg hunt, and we drove out the road to find the best beaches for glass balls.

I showed Nora how to look for glass balls at the back of the driftwood and under the brush - all the glass ball finding tricks that I knew.  And then we found a glass ball!  I did not expect to actually find one. So many people go out there and it has been picked over for years.  I only thought we had a slight chance of finding one that had been deeply buried in a log jam and only recently exposed.  

Later I recounted to Nora that I first walked that beach and looked for glass balls way back in 1987 - over 35 years ago - and that I had most definitely walked within 200 yards of that very glass ball.  In 1987 I did not find a glass ball either.

Needless to say, but now Nora is hooked on looking for glass balls.  Next year we plan on doing another Easter 'egg' hunt.

Patrick








No comments:

Post a Comment