| Emperor Geese |
A simple post with some pretty pictures from last week.
While on a walk I noticed some spring migrants showing up at Womens Bay - well Pintail ducks anyway. Pintails migrate through Kodiak in the spring but do not stay and funnily enough they do not migrate past Kodiak in the Fall - Just in the spring. But the Emperor Geese who do spend the winter at the head of Womens Bay are still around. They spend the Winter on Kodiak but leave in the spring for their nesting grounds out West. I'll know it is spring when they leave.
At Abercrombie the ice is still covering almost the entire lake, but along the south shore the sun has melted a wide lead. I'm done with taking the dogs out on the ice. Meanwhile at the house the crocuses are all blooming now. They are popping up all over the lawn. Little spots of color against the dead grass.
Patrick
| Pintail Ducks |
No comments:
Post a Comment