Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Salonie in the morning

 


Over the weekend I went skate skiing up Salonie Creek both mornings. The top pictures are from Saturday morning and the ones below the video are from Sunday.  The video shows just how perfect is was for skate skiing on the crust.  I could literally go anywhere and did do a lot of high speed cruising through the trees and down the river.

However, the first morning I also started out a little late. And it was perfect until I started back down the river towards my car.  Then I noticed that my poles were starting to punch through the crust and in places I was starting to sink into the crust.  But it wasn't so bad until I got under the trees almost to the car.  Then I really started to bog down, but I was practically back at the car anyway.  It was a good thing I had not left an hour later - I might have lost my crust far up the river and have had a really long slog back to the car.

So on Sunday I left an hour and a half earlier and the crust never softened up at all.

I tried taking pictures of me skiing using the self timer on the camera.  It has a 10 second timer.  So I would slowly count to 10 and try and circle back and be at the right place at the right time, and then the camera would fire a burst of 5 pictures.  The sequence of photos kind of shows motion - so at the very bottom I put one shot burst all together and it shows me in 'motion'.

Patrick


















No comments:

Post a Comment