Search This Blog

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Black Ice in January

 


All week it has stayed clear and windy, and also strangely warm.  Usually clear and windy at this time of the year also means really cold.  But all week it has been around 40 during the day and just at freezing during the night.  

Stuey and I got a little tired of the 'rattle and hum', rocket ship skate skiing and spent the last few days ice skating after school/work.  The warm temps during the days have meant the ice surface has slightly melted each day and the ice has gotten smoother and smoother each day.

One of my big disappointments was that on the best photography day I lost all of my photos.  There was more sun and I got some amazing photos, but then at home I 're formatted' the camera memory card by accident.  Yesterday I tried to re take the 'amazing photos', but it was not quite the same.

Patrick












No comments:

Post a Comment