![]() |
| Impromptu Thursday night firepit |
It's June and the pace of outdoor activity has certainly picked up. These days it seems life is a blur of outdoor barbecues, skiing in the sunshine with the dogs, kayaking, gardening and mowing the lawn. Yesterday I took the dogs for a quick ski and the ocean down below looked so inviting that I decided to take the kids for a kayak - turf and then surf! Today I need to spend more time on the garden and on mowing the lawn. Ah yes the Sisyphus of summer life - the lawn.
Lately I've been eating a lot of garden salads. The lettuce I planted is not big enough to harvest but last year's kale self-seeded into a thick mat of small plants. There is even a mat of kale sprouts growing in the lawn below the the old kale beds. My plan is to harvest all but a few of the sprouts. They are super tasty and tender!
It was also great to take the kids kayaking NOT on Afognak. I started out by driving to Mill Bay beach but they wanted to try someplace else. So we drove to Abercrombie and launched at the Ram site into Monashka Bay. During the kayak trip Nora and I decided that you can't really compare Monashka Bay to the Afognak coastline because they are just different. Pretty insightful there Nora! Patrick
![]() |
| Saturday morning at the top of the North bowl looking out towards Antons and Afognak |
![]() |
| Self-seeded kale sprouts - awesome in salads! |
![]() |
| Saturday afternoon with the kids on Monashka Bay |






No comments:
Post a Comment