Search This Blog

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Teepee Time


Camping with kids has just gotten easier and easier as they get older.  They have also gotten to be pretty good campers.  But one big change for this year is that the kids are content to read or do their own thing in the tent.  Quiet time in the morning - WOW!

One morning I was drinking coffee and reading my book and I surreptitiously looked up and both Nora and Stuey were also quietly reading.  This is a HUGE change from years past.

Stuey also got into whittling and for the last 2 days that was his major activity.  Stuey and I also did a lot of colorKu.  Very addicting. 

One evening while Stuey and I were quietly doing colorKu Brewster suddenly shot up and sprinted for the door.  His back was on fire from sleeping too close to the stove.  Once it was over it was very funny.  Patrick

ColorKu - a major component of every evening in the teepee

Quiet time in the teepee


Brewster slept so close to the stove that his fur caught on fire!

Stuey's pistol carved from wood


Stuey's art and the inspiration - Lisa's mask from a couple of years ago

Nora and her book



2 comments:

  1. Oh Brewster! I laughed out loud when I saw his picture of singed hair. While on a family camping trip as a kid, our dog had a similar experience; his tail caught on fire! He jumped up and sat in his water bowl that was tucked under the picnic table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you think the smell of wet dog hair is bad - burnt dog is worse!

    ReplyDelete