Search This Blog
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Same Spot - Different Seasons
Last Spring I took the above photo while on a hike with the dogs at Abercrombie. It was raining and the tree just sort of caught my mood (click here for blogpost). Drooping branches, raindrops on the water, and oh so, so green.
Later during the summer I caught up with my spruce tree by the pond. The lily pads had populated the surface of the pond, and I could see the forest reflected on the lake, but the tree still looked droopy and oh so green. It reminded me of that children's book about the house in the various seasons and how the city grew up around it. Same tree just different seasons.
In the fall I continued to take pictures and watch my tree. The lily pads died and sank, and the pond briefly iced over. All the deciduous plants turned yellow. And then the pond froze for real and even a little snow fell on it. Tree still looking droopy but the scene is far more stark.
Today I noticed an inch of snow on the lake (no photo). All is white and green and looking dead. My tree endures while all changes around it. Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment