Search This Blog
Wednesday, December 26, 2018
Christmas 2018
This year on Christmas morning no one got up until past 7AM - I believe this is a record. We opened our presents one at a time, and some of the highlights included new vests from Granny Coco, an almanac and Guinness Book of World Records, a promised pool table for Stuey, and insulated Alutiiq Museum mugs.
When Stuey saw Nora open up her vest he smartly observed, 'I bet I got one too'. And promptly found and opened it. And, yeah, I will admit I often do get them matching gifts - otherwise there is the whole sharing and/or envy thing. This happened with me and my little brother too. I think it just might be universal.
Later we tried to drive to the pass to go skiing but the road was too icy, and we drove out to Bells Flats instead. There was a temperature inversion going on with sunshine up above and layers of fog on the ground. The rising sun made for some gorgeous views. When I took the dogs for their walk in Abercrombie the lake was all misty and the sunshine golden.
For Christmas dinner we went to the Pfeffer's house. I brought mashed potatoes and Sheep and Deer roasts. Mike cooked up elk - so it was an Alaskan foods meal. Lots of people and kids and quite the busy scene. Nora and Stuey discovered the new Pfeffer sauna that works on infrared rays. They got inside and reported on the rising temperatures inside. Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment