Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2020

Anton Kayak Trip


Yesterday the kids and I grabbed Stuey's friend Elias and went for a quick kayak picnic over in Anton Larsen Bay.  For a weekend that was supposed to be rainy it sure has been nice!  We took the same Innova inflatable kayaks that I use on my archaeological surveys.  It does feel a little funny to be playing around in them empty of gear.  Generally when I use the boats they are loaded down and I have miles to go before I sleep.

Yesterday we just tooled around and explored the islands and coastline.  We did not go anywhere in particular.  I noticed that the arctic terns are back and nesting, and also saw my first puffins of the summer.

For lunch we pulled up on a beach and ate beef jerky and Cliff Bars.  The sun always seemed to be shining at other beaches but not on us.  But finally, near the end of our picnic the sun did find us - if only for a brief moment.
Patrick








No comments:

Post a Comment