Search This Blog
Sunday, May 24, 2020
Depth of Field
As you can see from my recent blog posts I've been taking a lot of close ups of plants and flowers. And I think I have gotten better at it. In the past I always wanted as much of the plant in focus as possible and would increase the aperture - set it at 11 or 16. That way I had a bigger depth of field - a thicker plane of where everything is in focus. But in the last week I have been playing with using my telephoto lens, putting nothing in the background, and not setting the aperture very high.
Sometimes parts of the plants that I want to be in focus are not, but I have been loving how the background just disappears in a haze of out of focus-ness. It simplifies the picture and isolates the subject.
Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment