Search This Blog
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Landscape Panoramics
I got back a week ago from my archaeological survey of Zachar and Spiridon Bays but I still have lots of pictures I want to post. It was spectacularly beautiful down there. Looking back through my photos I see that I took most of them for site documentation purposes (post to come on the archaeology), and they are pretty boring. Photos of site erosion, site vegetation, what the site looks like from the water etc. But it was so beautiful that even some of my standard archaeological site pictures look pretty good.
This post shows some of the best landscape panoramics that I took. If you look carefully you can see archaeological sites in a lot of them - look for enhanced vegetation and humpy bumpy ground. I was trying to show the sites in the landscape.
Later when I write up a report for the survey each one of the site descriptions will have a photo - they will help later researchers find the various sites. I know I could have used some old site photos to help me re locate a few of the sites. Some of the sites were first found in the 1970s when they did not have GPSs, and they were often poorly located on the maps. Often the site was actually located up to a mile away and I had to use the site description to match them up with reality. A good photo would have really helped!
Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment