Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2020

North Sister with Stuey


Wednesday afternoon after Stuey finished school for the year and I finished work for the day.  And so we went for a quick hike up the North Sister.  Kind of weird weather - sunny but with banks of fog coming off of Monashka Bay.  Very atmospheric.

On the climb up I noticed that with the lack of snow and recent rain that many of the streams have already run dry.  Wow!  this does not usually happen until late July.  It is going to be a dry summer in the alpine.

We also saw a big old billy goat.  He just sat on a ledge on watched us going up the mountain and then watched us climb down. He did not seem to care about us all that much.

Stuey commented, 'it is so beautiful up here'.  'I think I'd prefer to be a mountain goat than a human - they just lie around and eat'.  Then I pointed out that they have a really hard time finding food during the winter, and Stuey said, 'so I want to be a mountain goat but only in summer'.

Up in the alpine I Stuey we admired the blooming pixie-eyed primroses and white anemones and then headed back to the car.
Patrick


Pixie-eyed primrose

White anemone

Fog off of Monashka Bay



No comments:

Post a Comment