Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Buskin Canyon


Yesterday I took advantage of the fresh snow to go cross country skiing in the Upper Buskin River area.  I skied down to the river and followed it upstream and into the canyon at the headwaters.  I got all the way to the waterfall for the first time in 3 years.

I had one funny moment at the start of my journey up the river.  The new snow disguised some very thin ice and I fell straight through.  There I was standing in shin deep water with my skis on the rocky bottom.  After that I learned not to trust the really big flat areas of new ice, and stuck to the lumpy bumpy old stuff along the sides.

Good ski  Patrick


The frozen waterfall - end of the road


trail out to the road from the river

No comments:

Post a Comment