Search This Blog
Friday, February 3, 2017
My Avian Companion
Mr Raven continues to shadow my walks to the park. The other day he followed us all the way to the house and hung out in the yard for a while after we went inside. Literally hopping about in the yard. And the next day he followed us from the house when we started our walk. Stuey and I have named him Olaf. Olaf the raven.
Lately he does not make as many vocalizations - just follows along. But yesterday I did make a video of him making his 'clicking noises (see link below). And then as we were leaving the park he croaked and I repeated his call. He did 2 croaks and I did two. Pause and then again. I mirrored him for a while and then we changed it up and he began to mimic my croaks. Sort of like that scene with the fiddlers in the beginning of 'Deliverance'. Or as Stuey put, 'Daddy he's talking with you'.
I did tell my co-workers about Olaf, and one co-worker related that her grandmother said a raven brought her luck. Luck for life. The consensus was that attention from a raven is good fortune. I am honored to have been adopted by Olaf. He/she must see something unique about me. It's not everyone who appeals to a raven, and it is very auspicious. Patrick
https://youtu.be/E5mZ0efEKsk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Olaf, the Scandinavian raven, come to live in Kodiak. In my imagination anyway.
ReplyDeleteAlphie