Search This Blog
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Pyramid
Yesterday I braved the icy road to the pass and went downhill skiing on Pyramid. The road is a sheet of ice and my car does not have studs on the tires. So there is always a decision to made - is the road worth it? Is the risk of driving off the road worth the potential pay off in skiing?
Sometimes it is too risky. On Monday the road was a sheet of ice with water on top and I turned around and went home. Yesterday I got to the crux of the drive - the 'switchbacks' - and like a dog licking a hot iron skillet I kept on going. Burnt tongue be damned! The switchbacks are a particularly steep section of the road where there are 2 sharp turns. If you can make it up (and down) that you got it made. I could see the new snow on the spruce trees high up on the mountain. I knew the skiing was worth the risk.
And it was. Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment