Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Exploring with the doggies

Nice skate skiing conditions on the river bed

The last couple of days I have been skate skiing on the upper Buskin River - the one that begins in a canyon and feeds into the lake.  The river is like a ski highway with enough snow and a perfect crust for skate skiing.  And by the time I go after work the sun has cleared the mountains and is shining down into the deep valley.  The warmth has softened up the crust, and it is crust cruising time.

Yesterday I took the dogs with me and they had to work to keep up.  Usually it is them waiting for me!  At times I'd look back and see all the doggies strung out in a pack behind me running flat out.  It's good to be the leader of the pack.  And I think the doggies like going to new places. 

Yesterday evening they did not budge from their beds.   Patrick

End of the road - this is usually where I fall through the ice

Homeward bound on the river highway

Gorgeous day to be on the river - fast conditions


No comments:

Post a Comment