Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Back to Reality

 

View from my window on my last morning

The Maine Vacation is over and I am on my home to Kodiak. This is always the saddest part of any vacation. I woke up this morning and watched the light from the rising sun light up the houses on the other side of the thoroughfare. And now I am in a hotel room in Boston waiting to get on a plane back to Kodiak. Ughhhh back to work and reality. It has been a good vacation, but it will also be good to get back to my dogs and normal routine.

On North Haven I have always loved the view over the harbor and thoroughfare from my window. This year I noticed a painting on the wall in the dining room that my sister put there. I recognised it instantly - it is the view from my bed. So I tried to catch the same view as the painting with my camera (see below). I did not quite do it and I noticed that the artist changed a few things. That said, it really is the view from my bed. I'll miss it.

Patrick

Night view from the porch

Artist rendition of the view from my bed

Actual view from my bed


Mom and Polly waving from porch


Favorite vacation activity - reading!


Time to board the ferry

No comments:

Post a Comment