Sunday morning I left home in the dark to catch the sunrise on Pyramid. I wanted to get some pre Super Bowl exercise. In years past I never watched the Super Bowl and quite enjoyed the solitude of whatever I did outside. Empty public pools, no one at Safeway, no one on the trails at Abercrombie, and no one on the mountain. But the kids do like the whole Super Bowl spectacle and we did have a party invite. So a Super Bowl we do watch. Funnily enough the kids don't follow football during the regular season.
I was excited to catch the sunrise and had hopes of mountains painted pink and red skies. But it was not to be. The mountain was a sheet of ice and the sunrise a bit of a dud. There was too much cloud cover for good alpineglow - no reflected pink on the mountains. Oh well. But I did get a decent sunrise picture out over the Coast Guard Base and airport. Just not what I was hoping for!
![]() |
| This was from a few days ago when rime ice still covered everything |
![]() |
| Another from a few days ago - the skiing was actually pretty good |






Bill Belichick is God!! And Brady his Archangel.
ReplyDeleteBut thats enough now. Give someone else a chance. Superbowls, World Series - Boston are really rubbing it in.