Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2020

Back from Old Harbor


I just got back from a work-related trip to Old Harbor.  The Alutiiq Museum is in the process of visiting all the villages around the Kodiak Archipelago as part of a 'Community Archiving' Project funded by the BIA.  In each village we put out the word for community members to bring us in old photos and slides etc and we scan them.  At the same time we document the village as it is today.  We walk around town and take pictures of the people and town.

On this last trip to Old harbor it was my job to simply take pictures.  It felt kind of funny to get paid to take pictures.  Ordinarily I take photos on my spare time.  But in Old Harbor it was my job.  I had a lot of fun with it.  More to come - but here are a few of the photos I took.
Patrick








No comments:

Post a Comment