Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Snow squalls and sunshine


Some pictures of Stuey and I's ski from last Saturday.  It started out sunny and while we were skiing it partially clouded over and started to snow.  Stuey was excited that it was snowing. 'it's snowing', he exclaimed.  I assured him that it was 'just a flurry'.  Stuey wanted to know the difference between a flurry and 'snowing', and as we continued on the mountain I tried to explain.

And then it started to snow harder and harder.  But the sun came out too.  It was snowing hard in the sunshine.  I still considered it flurries though.  Then on the way home it turned into snow - and by evening my lawn was white with a 1/2 inch of snow.  Take that garlic and crocuses!

The new snow on a soft crust made for perfect ski conditions.  Stuey declared that the snow was the best he had skied all year.
Patrick







No comments:

Post a Comment