The end of last week I was super sick. I stayed home from work and lay in bed and had fever dreams. On Saturday I snapped out of it, and by Sunday I was back on the snow with Nora and Stuey. But wow - what happened to last week? It's like a big gap and now I am playing catch up.
Which is why it is good that on Sunday I went downhill skiing with Nora and skate skiing with Stuey. Initially I was really not up for anything and I felt super weak. If I had not resisted the inertia I probably would've ended up staying in bed for another day. I think getting some serious exercise after an illness re sets the 'appetite' and gets the body running again. Got to ramp up the old metabolism.
Anyway, on Sunday Nora and I climbed up behind the North Sister and found some pretty good snow. Not deep powder or anything, but decent snow. And it was beautiful. Best of all we skied from the car and then all the way back to the car. Ordinarily in the sisters you have thick salmonberries down low and have to take the skis of about 500 vertical above the car. But not this year!
Once back from downhill skiing Stuey and I went to Fort Abercrombie and did a few skate ski laps of Lake Gertrude. There was actually another skate skier out on the lake with us. I think she was just as surprised to see us as we were to see her.
Patrick
![]() |
| Ordinarily these salmonberries are unskiable! |
![]() |
| Afterwards I went skate skiing with Stuey - he wasn't excited about getting his picture taken |










No comments:
Post a Comment