Search This Blog
Friday, March 24, 2017
Movies for the ITN Film Festival
The Island Trails Network Kodiak Island Film Festival is fast approaching. Movie submissions are due March 31. That is only a week away, and the event itself is in two weeks. The event is free to ITN members and most people become members at the door. At the event everybody eats pizza and watches local adventure films. It is a good place to get inspired to try a new Kodiak adventure.
Anyway, this year I have decided to enter a few films. Back in the day I used to submit quite a few films, but my movie editing software went obsolete and the new software was too complicated for my Luddite technological tendencies. However, a couple of days ago my friend Philip took the time to show me how the new imovie software works. It really is not all that bad - I even made a movie that I plan on submitting (see link down at bottom). And I'm inspired to make another!
Philip is usually the point man on movie submissions but will be out of town this week. Still submissions can be dropped off at the front desk at ADFG as long as they have his name on them. Everybody knows Philip over at ADF&G. Also you can give them to me or any other ITN board member - leave a comment here if you want me to pick up a film submission. Andy Schroeder the ITN director is another point of contact. Check out the contact page on islandtrails.org, call (888) 301-0568, or email info@islandtrails.org for more information. The more movies submitted the better the event, and this is your chance to show off your own adventures.
Here is a link to the short movie that Philip helped me make.
https://youtu.be/XBDIgstFwKo
Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Soooo good! Nice job.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I need to make more right away so I don't forget what I learned!
ReplyDelete