Search This Blog
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Two down, One to Go
This week I am at an archaeological conference in Fairbanks - the Annual Meeting of the Alaska Anthropological Association, or as it is otherwise known 'the aaas'. It has been a busy week, and I thought I'd share some of the slides from my presentations.
Before I went to the conference I attended a symposium on climate change at Kodiak College, and talked about the effects of climate change on the Alutiiq people and how it is effecting the archaeological record. Then yesterday I talked about how the Alutiiq Museum, and community museums in general, facilitate research. Two down and one to go!
On Thursday I am presenting on the 'Kachemak to Koniag Transition'. This is a time period on Kodiak when researchers once argued that the local population (the Kachemak) were replaced by a migration of people from the Alaska Peninsula (the Koniag). I revisit the old theories and present our latest thoughts on the matter. All these talks in addition to a poster on seal hunting at the Kashevaroff Site. It has been a busy couple of weeks! Patrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment