Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Two down, One to Go


This week I am at an archaeological conference in Fairbanks - the Annual Meeting of the Alaska Anthropological Association, or as it is otherwise known 'the aaas'.  It has been a busy week, and I thought I'd share some of the slides from my presentations.

Before I went to the conference I attended a symposium on climate change at Kodiak College, and talked about the effects of climate change on the Alutiiq people and how it is effecting the archaeological record.  Then yesterday I talked about how the Alutiiq Museum, and community museums in general, facilitate research.  Two down and one to go!

On Thursday I am presenting on the 'Kachemak to Koniag Transition'.  This is a time period on Kodiak when researchers once argued that the local population (the Kachemak) were replaced by a migration of people from the Alaska Peninsula (the Koniag).  I revisit the old theories and present our latest thoughts on the matter.  All these talks in addition to a poster on seal hunting at the Kashevaroff Site.  It has been a busy couple of weeks!  Patrick







No comments:

Post a Comment